- Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering, Arizona State University, 2021 (expected)
- M.S. in Kinesiology, Pennsylvania State University, 2017
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, B.A. in English, Tianjin University, China, 2014
20 – 21 Principal Investigator, FNNR Mini-Grant ($2000), The Foundation of Neurofeedback and Neuromodulation Research
- Title: “EEG Analysis on Frontoparietal Coherence: Can Frontoparietal Coherence Serve as Neurofeedback Training Target for Enhancing Motor Learning?”
20 – 21 Principal Investigator, NASPSPA Graduate Student Research Grant ($2000), North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity
- Title: Modifying Motor Skill Learning via Neuromodulation of Frontoparietal Networks
18 – 19 Principal Investigator, JumpStart Research Grant ($500), ASU Graduate and Professional Students’ Association
- Title: Investigation of a causal relationship between visuospatial function and motor learning through inhibitory right parietal cortex tDCS
- Wang, P., Infurna, F. J., & Schaefer, S. Y. (2019). Predicting Motor Skill Learning in Older Adults Using Visuospatial Performance. Journal of Motor Learning and Development, 1–14. https://doi.org/10.1123/jmld.2018-0017
- Neely, K. A., Samimy, S., Blouch, S. L., Wang, P., Chennavasin, A., Diaz, M. T., & Dennis, N. A. (2017). Memory-guided force control in healthy younger and older adults. Experimental Brain Research, 235(8), 2473–2482. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00221-017-4987-3
- Neely, K. A., Wang, P., Chennavasin, A. P., Samimy, S., Tucker, J., Merida, A., … Huang-Pollock, C. (2017). Deficits in inhibitory force control in young adults with ADHD. Neuropsychologia. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2017.03.012
- Ke, Y., Wang, P., Chen, Y., Gu, B., Qi, H., Zhou, P., & Ming, D. (2015). Training and testing ERP-BCIs under different mental workload conditions. Journal of neural engineering, 13(1), 016007. doi:10.1088/1741-2560/13/1/016007
- Ke, Y., Wang, P., Chen, Y., Gu, B., Qi, H., Zhou, P., & Ming, D. (2015). Concurrent mental activities affect ERPs and impair performance of ERP-spellers. Paper presented in 2015 7th International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER) (pp. 118-121). IEEE. doi: 10.1109/NER.2015.7146574
- Wang, P., Schaefer S.Y. (2020, June). Learning not to dwell on it: determining components of a functional reaching task most predictive of learning in older adults. Virtual presentation delivered at the 2020 Virtual NASPSPA conference.
- Hooyman A., Wang, P., Schaefer S.Y. (2020, June). Kinematic analysis of functional reaching demonstrates differential performance strategies as a result of age. Poster accepted for the 2020 NASPSPA conference.
- Wang, P. (2020, April). Modifying Motor Skill Learning via Neuromodulation of Frontoparietal Networks. Talk delivered at Fast-Presentation Competition for Emerging Scientists at NYC Neuromodulation Online 2020.
- Schaefer S.Y., Wang, P., Daniel S. Peterson (2018, November). Initial Performance on a non-dominant hand feeding task is limited by focused attention in older adults. Poster presented at 2018 Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Washington D.C.
- Wang, P., Schaefer S.Y. (2017, November). Predicting motor skill retention in older adults with the Visuospatial/Executive subtest of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment. Poster presented at 2017 Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Washington D.C.
- Wang, P., Schaefer S.Y. (2017, November). Predicting motor skill retention in older adults with the Visuospatial/Executive subtest of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment. Poster presented at 2017 Annual Meeting of American Society of Neurorehabilitation, Baltimore, MD.
- Wang, P., Schaefer S.Y. (2017, October). Visuospatial/Executive subtest of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment predicts motor skill retention in older adults. Poster presented at the 2017 New Mexico Clinical Neurostimulation Meeting, Albuquerque, NM.
- Wang, P., Chennavasin, A., Tucker, J. R., Samimy, S., Reynolds, M., Huang-Pollock, C., & Neely, K. A. (2016, November). Deficits in inhibitory force control in young adults with ADHD. Poster presented at 2016 Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, San Diego, California.
- Schaefer, S.Y., Wang, P., Schweighofer, N. (2018, June). Dissociating learning- and non-learning-related performance changes during motor skill training in older adults. In Multidisciplinary Symposium – Methodological Advances in Motor Learning and Development. Symposium conducted at the meeting of North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity, Denver, Colorado.
- Neely, K.A., Wang, P., Perez-Edgar, K. & Huang-Pollock, C. (2017, July). Precision grip force task captures subtle differences in inhibitory motor control in young adults with ADHD. In Huang-Pollock, C. (Chair), Hawk, L. (Discussant), Novel research methods for assessment and etiology of ADHD. Symposium conducted at the meeting of the International Society for Research in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands.
- Wang, P. (2017 January). Inhibitory control: A continuous motor task provides more information than reaction time task measures. The Center for Brain, Behavior and Cognition Seminar Series, Penn State University.
Honors and Awards
- 2020 ASU Graduate College Completion Fellowship 2020-2021
- 2020 School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering Graduate Excellence Award
- 2020 NASPSPA student Scholarship for NASPSPA 2020 Conference
- 2020 School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering Merit Award
- 2019 Teaching Excellence Award, ASU Graduate and Professional Students Association
- 2019 Phoenix Pride Scholarship
- 2018 Student Advocacy Award, International Society of Neurofeedback & Research
- 2018 Individual Travel Grant, ASU Graduate and Professional Students Association
- 2017 Fulton Schools Research Travel Grant, ASU
- 2017 First place research poster, Penn State 32nd Graduate Research Exhibition
- 2016 Student Travel Award, PSU Center for Brain, Behavior and Cognition
- 2014 Outstanding Graduates Award, Tianjin University
- 2013 Honors Student Award, Tianjin University
- 2012 Tianjin People’s Government Scholarship
- 2011 Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Scholarship
2017- , Graduate Research Associate, Motor Rehabilitation and Learning Laboratory, School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering, Arizona State University
2015-2017, Graduate Research Assistant, Brain and Behavior Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University
2015-2017, Teaching Assistant, KINES 360 The Neurobiology of Motor Control and Development (4 semesters), Department of Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University
2012-2014, Undergraduate Research Assistant, Neural Engineering and Rehabilitation Lab, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tianjin University
Leadership, Service and Volunteering
- 2020.06 - , Member, Chinese Graduate Advisory Group, Arizona State University
- 2019.06 - , Secretary, GRADient, Arizona State University
- 2020.01 - 05, Award reviewer for ASU Graduate and Professional Student Association
- 2019 - 2020, Club Officer, Melrose Toastmasters, Phoenix, AZ
- 2018, Travel Grant reviewer for ASU Graduate and Professional Student Association
- 2018, Youth Basketball Coach at Jr. Suns/Jr. Mercury League, Scottsdale AZ
- 2018, Volunteer, 2018 International Society for Neufofeedback & Research conference